Thursday, April 13, 2006

Trying to beat the heat

It's warm again today, and is supposed to be windy this afternoon, so I decided to go on my run earlier in the morning to beat the heat. It sort of worked, by the end of my run it was 79. But I guess that's better than going at high noon. My winter training made me pretty good at running in the cold so now it is tough to start getting my body to deal with heat better. I've been taking a water bottle with me, but sometimes with that sun beating down on you there is not enough water in the world. Still I did today's 8 miles in 1 hour 13 minutes, pretty close to on pace. It was a good workout, and when there is not a cloud in the sky the vast blue of it is even more striking. With only 7 weeks to go before the big day I'm starting to get excited. Just a few more really long runs to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

im jealous. to have an hour and 13 minutes to do anything by myself is a wonderful thought. good job.

Geoff said...

With my long runs taking over 2 hours now, I do get a lot of time alone with my thoughts. It's then that I realize how few thoughts I actually have. :)

Anonymous said...

haha! those are nice times though. quiet times. ahhhhh to dream!