Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend recap

My runs this weekend were both very enjoyable. 4 miles on Saturday, and 7 miles on Sunday. 4 miles is starting to feel like less and less of a run, and I kept up a 8.5 min/mile pace over the whole thing and still felt great at the end. My 7 miles yesterday were awesome as well. Last week I ran my 6 mile route backwards so that the majority of the hills would be on the first half of my run. Yesterday I took the usual "forward" route and left the big hill for the end, followed by a nice little downhill cooldown. It worked out really well and I was able to average a 9 min/mile pace without getting too winded. I think this bodes well for the rest of my training. This week is 4 miles, 6 miles and 8 miles on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. For the 8 mile run on Sunday I'm thinking about going out to the Aurora Reservoir, which has an 8 mile loop around it. It might be nice to have a flat route for a change. Weather was great this weekend, with highs in the 60s. I was out in my shorts and t-shirt and we even got out for a family walk. I'm looking forward to doing that more in the spring and summer.

No comments: