Thursday, May 12, 2005

Afternoons and coffeespoons...

Well, today Melissa and I decided to meet up for lunch. I used my coupon that I got from running in the Cherry Creek Sneak. It was for a free burrito at Chipotle. I had the chicken burrito with black beans and tomatilo green chile salsa. It was very tasty and didn't cost a cent. After lunch we all walked over to the mall and went to go look at glasses at LensCrafters. We picked out a nice looking pair that is super flexible. This will come in very handy as Elijah is starting to grab my glasses off my face quite often. They are going to have the Transitions lenses as well which will be great for all our walks that we take. No need to muck about with sunglasses. We get a AAA discount there and ended up getting $130 off. That pays for our membership dues! We will walk over there tomorrow to pick them up.


I drove Melissa and Elijah home and decided that since it was overcast and the perfect temperature I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go for a run. I felt great after the first 2.5 miles, so I decided to go on my 7 mile circuit. I ended up finishing the 7 miles in 1 hour, and had a great time. Unfortunately, I came home to a baby who was not feeling too well and had spit up all over his mommy. He did have a little nap, but true to his daytime form, did not stay down longer than 20 minutes. Hopefully he'll sleep better tonight. We had some nice afternoon tea together though, the last of our Red Rose. That's one thing about living in the States, it's hard to get good supermarket breakfast tea. It seems that most "cheap" teas here are more geared towards the iced variety. Just an observation.

No comments: