Sunday, March 05, 2006

Aurora reservoir

Today I drove up to the Aurora reservoir for my run. The perimeter trail for the reservoir is 8 miles, which was the distance I needed to cover today. I figured it would be a nice change of scenery and it was. An added bonus was the relatively flat terrain compared to what I usually run on the weekend. I kept up my 9 minute mile for the full distance, which really gives me confidence that I will be able to build my mileage and keep the pace constant. The reservoir is really nice, with lots of places to fish and even has an archery range. We'll have to take Elijah there some time. The weather was gorgeous, in the low 70s and sunny. With the view of the mountains and fighters from the air force base flying above it made for a great run.

No comments: