Thursday, March 30, 2006

More wind

Today it is windy again, but at least it was only 7 miles. Unfortunately, the wind was at my back on the way out and in my face on the way back. So I tried to take it fairly easy on the first half, and made it to the turn around point in 32 minutes, but the return trip was still brutal. On the final little hill I felt like my legs had nothing left in them, but as soon as I turned around I had no problems. It took 34:30 to get back, almost a full minute per mile slower than my normal pace.


Still, it was nice to get away from work for a little while. And the sun felt really nice even though I had to wear my jacket with the wind chill. I'm looking forward to my run on Sunday though, they are still predicting high 60s and no mention of wind. I'll get to go a little farther into Cherry Creek state park so that will be scenic. I've got a BBQ this weekend too so I've got a lot to look forward to.

No comments: