Sunday, October 22, 2006

I love my Saturdays!

Yesterday was another busy day, but I love weekends when I get to do my little fix-it jobs. It did snow Friday night and we awoke to a few inches on the ground, but it was not too cold so Elijah and I went for our run anyway. By the time we got to running the sun had come out and it was gorgeous. After we got home, Elijah went down for a nap and I started on my task for the day which was to fix the garage entry door. After several "quick-fixes" over the past year I wanted to fix it so it would last. A couple of hours and a trip to Home Depot later I had fixed the door and improved things a bit by installing the strike-box with 3-inch screws. Since I was on a roll I took a look at the upstairs bathtub, which had caused a minor flood the night before. It turned out that the genius that had installed the tub had not installed the overflow gasket, allowing water to flow right down into the laundry room below when the tub was filled up to the overflow drain. Melissa and I headed off to Southlands to check out the opening festivities there and have some coffee. On the way back we picked up a gasket at Home Depot. 5 minutes and $2 later the tub was fixed, although we will eventually have to replace a piece of drywall in the laundry room.


Today we will be relaxing at home, and then having a night out for the two of us tonight. We're going to see the Lion King musical at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. It will be nice to have a date night, we haven't had one since our dinner at PF Chang's in June.

No comments: