Monday, October 23, 2006

The Pool

Went for a good 6 miles today at lunch, and went by the Fitzsimmons Pool to see what facilities are there. I'm trying to get a good replacement for my gym membership that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg. Unfortunately the Fitzsimmons pool is not that, as it costs almost as much as my gym membership, but almost nothing there other than a pool. They did say if we wanted to use the shower after a run that we could do that for free though, bonus! Looks like the Trails is the best bet for us as Melissa can get in on the membership for a similar price.


These longer runs at lunchtime are really helping me to get back into it. I'm going to try to get out most weekdays, but probably one day a week I will have to go to Boulder instead, so five or six days a week total. It's a lot easier motivating myself to go when there is someone else going too. All in all it will be great getting back in distance shape and it will help me prepare for the races I'm planning next year.

No comments: