Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Man what a week!

Well this week has been pretty crazy so I've been keeping active where I can. We took Elijah to the pool on Sunday and I took a few minutes to do a few laps, so that was good. But then Monday and Tuesday I was slammed at work and I did not get a chance to go running. It's too bad because those were probably the only nice days of the week. Last night I decided to hit the gym after dinner just in case the weather was too bad today to run. Boy am I ever glad I did that. It is crazy snowy today and I was super bummed that I had to go into work to put a new sample in the magnet. The morning drive wasn't bad but I knew it would just get worse as the day went on so I was trying to get out of there as soon as I could. I ended up staying until 12:30 to get the experiments started, then I started the trek home. The drive was pretty bad and it took me over an hour to get home, but then I got stuck trying to pull into the driveway. Thankfully there was a guy with a big truck passing by who had just pulled someone else out of trouble up the street and he offered to pull me back out into the street. Once I had shoveled out the drive and street a bit I took a run it at it. This time I got stuck only once, for a minute or two, then I peeled up the driveway into the garage. I can do most of my work from home now, so I'll probably be taking a snow day tomorrow as well, but it will be tough to get a workout in. I guess shoveling will have to be my exercise.

No comments: