Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Bolder Boulder

Well it's a bit anticlimactic as I was hoping to have a finishing time to post here, but technical difficulties have delayed those results. But, despite the lack of an official result I'm going to have to post something about the race.


For the initial waves of the race, everything went off like clockwork. The starting gun goes off for a wave, everyone moves forward, waits and the gun goes off for the next wave. My wave left at 7:07 and I was across the starting line in less than 30 seconds. Because a qualification is required, everyone in the wave seems to start off at about the same pace. I kept pace with the group to make sure I did not go out too quickly. I passed the first mile in 7:30 according to my watch, which was perfect. I wanted to make sure that I did not hit the hills too hard and run out of gas in the end, so I raced smart, slowing down a bit on the hills and booking it down the other side. In the end I didn't have to worry as the hills were not nearly as bad as people had lead me to believe. In the end I had plenty of gas left to book it through the end of the course and finish with 46:30 on my watch.


In the end it was a smart race, but conservative. I'm really happy with the result and I feel like I can improve upon it in the future. Now that it's over I'm going to continue my training and see if I can find some interesting races to tackle this summer. I kicked it off today with a 5 mile run.

1 comment:

melissa said...

Yep, you did awesome. You looked good too. We're proud of you.