Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Busy day

I had a meeting in Boulder this afternoon so I had to squeeze my run in this morning. It was a good five miles, and I felt pretty strong so I was glad that my recovery from Sunday was pretty quick. That's the biggest indication I have that my training has prepared me for the marathon, if I even thought about running 20 miles a few months ago I would have felt like I got run over by a truck. It was pretty warm out today though, so I'm going to have to find a better time to do my runs I guess. It seems like it's getting harder to sleep past 6 so the mornings may be the best time. I'll have to see how things work out after my marathon training is over.

2 comments:

Cate said...

i told one of my cast members about your run. he's a professional runner. he said if you made it 20 miles there, even if it wasn't a great 20 miles, you'll be awesome at sea level. you can do it!

Geoff said...

Thanks Cate, even though it's the start of my taper this week has been really hard to get through. I appreciate your encouragement.