Saturday, May 20, 2006

I'm melting!

Man I thought this week was going to be easier. But with my miles this week being the same as last week I guess my taper doesn't officially start until tomorrow. Thursday was the worst though. I had a dentist appointment in the morning, so I couldn't go early and I had work obligations, so I couldn't get out until 3. I was hoping it would have cooled off a little by then, but no luck. I ended up having to turn back early because it was so hot, then as I was heading back the sun went behind a cloud for a little while and I got a second wind. I was all set to keep going when the sun came out again and almost instantly my energy was drained. So was my water bottle. I took my big bottle which normally lasts me well over 10 miles and it was gone in 6. At any rate it ended up being pretty disappointing, so this weekend I'm making sure to do my runs in the morning when it is still cool. This morning I did my 4 miles and was back home before 7:30. I forgot how much I liked running at dawn. Looks like we'll be shopping for some new jeans for me today. In the last few weeks they have gone from little fluffies on the knees to full on holes. Oh well if it means I have to go to Peet's I'll just have to make that sacrifice.

No comments: