Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Cue the Stripper Music

It was so hot for my run today that I actually took my shirt off for part of it. That does not happen very often. I took it pretty easy after yesterday and only did 4.5 miles around Bluff Lake. It was a good break in the day and nice to take advantage of the great weather we have right now. I think a front is supposed to move in tomorrow night so it may not be as nice for the weekend as this, but for November I can't really complain.


Tonight I am going to make enchiladas for dinner (thanks Cate and Kaisara!) which I love so I'm looking forward to that. That's assuming I can start the car to get home. Yesterday the battery light came on while I was driving home, which usually indicates that there is something wrong with the alternator. It started fine this morning so I suspect that the alternator is just on its last legs and not completely dead. So tomorrow Melissa will have to take it in to Sears to get that replaced. I really can't complain when anything goes wrong with Gary, he has been such a reliable car and with more than 120k miles to his credit it's not so surprising when a part wears out.


[UPDATE]: Well the alternator is dead, I barely made it into a shop before the car conked out on my way home. They sold me a new battery to get me home and I'll head back there in the morning to get the alternator replaced. Hopefully it won't take too long as Melissa has a doctor appointment to get to. Oh well, there's nothing we can do about it now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Gary. Not poor Geoff for the weather though. You suck :p As I sit here with about what.....the 3rd week of below zero C.