Thursday, November 09, 2006

Happy Gary

Gary now has a new battery, a new alternator and a new serpentine belt! He's a happy car. We didn't make it to Melissa's appointment this morning, but they were all done with the repairs by 9:30, which isn't too bad. They had a copy of Runner's World there so I was all set.


I went out for a 7 mile run at noon today and really enjoyed the cooler weather. It was 80 yesterday and 46 today so it was quite a front that moved in. No major precipitation though and we are not supposed to dip below freezing so I doubt we'll get any snow out of it. It was perfect weather for running although the view of the mountains was obscured by clouds. I'm definitely a cold weather runner, I feel like my strength is sapped when it's hot out and the sun is beating down. Give me cloudy and cool any day! I'm glad to have the right gear for it too, my jacket and pants keep me nice and toasty warm even when the temps get pretty cold. I just need a shell now to keep the rain and wind out. But with the car repairs that will just have to wait.

No comments: