Monday, January 16, 2006

Day 6 - Pneumatics

Today was a good day at training, we got to do a little more troubleshooting. We have pretty much covered everything now, so the next two days are basically just troubleshooting. Our instructor "breaks" the console and we have to fix it. It is good practice for the real thing. Melissa gets back home today so I will start getting pictures of Elijah again in my mail. The last movie I got from her he was climbing stairs so I'll have to ask her about that tonight.


Did a half hour run today at a 8.5 min/mile pace, which was a good workout. Yesterday's run was 7.2 miles it turns out, so that put me around 10 min/mile. This is good to know because it means my pace hasn't fallen off significantly with my lack of training. If I keep the 10 min/mile pace for the marathon that would put me at 4:20, so the training pace I'm shooting for is 9.1 min/mile. I think I should be able to accomplish that goal.


Went to Chef Chu's for dinner tonight. In case it's not clear from the name it's a Chinese restaurant. I think this may have been my favorite dinner so far. We shared a couple of dishes and still came away under $30 for the two of us. The place was hopping busy, and it's clear why with the quality of the food and the prices. I'm getting really tired of restaurant food, but at least we haven't had to eat at the same place twice so far.

No comments: