Sunday, January 15, 2006

If you're going to San Francisco...

Today we went into San Francisco for the day. Originally we were planning on going up to the wine country, but after looking at the length of the trip we decided just to walk around San Francisco instead. We found a parking garage near Union square and walked down to the waterfront along Powell street. We mostly just walked along the waterfront checking out the sites as we went. I got clam chowder in a bread bowl for lunch at the Boudin bakery. We walked back through Union station and drove back to Palo Alto with the top down (we got a convertible for no extra charge). It was fairly cool today, but the sun was out all day. It was perfect weather. I got back in time to have a little run, so I took a long trip around the Stanford campus. I was out for 75 minutes, it was really nice. Went to dinner at Baja Fresh, and stopped in for ice cream at Coldstone. After being away from my wife for a week I really need dessert to get me through the night. At least it's only a few more days now until I go back.

No comments: